Webinar Brazilian biodiversity law
Tuesday, May 25th – 2 to 3 pm
Brazilian biodiversity law: how foreign companies can be in compliance?
Beginner level – Webinar in english
The webinar will be hosted by Francine H Leal Franco, partner-director of GSS and senior regulatory affairs specialist on Biodiversity, with a strong presence in CGen (Brazilian council) and participation in International Conferences (COP).
Long before Brazil ratified the Nagoya Protocol, the country had its own regulations on access (i.e.research and technological development) to genetic heritage and associated traditional knowledge and benefit-sharing for finished products derived from such access regardless of the country of manufacture or commercialisation.
Content of Webinar :
– Main aspects about brazilian biodiversity law
– Access concept: research and technical development
– Genetic resources from brazilian biodiversity
– Who shares benefits in brazilian legislation? Manufacturer of products with added value: what is this?
– SisGen: How foreign companies can be in compliance?
– The regularization by foreign legal entities
– Nagoya Protocol: how Brazil fits in?