SENIOR COSMETIC PRODUCTS SAFETY ASSESSOR
Offre de CDI
Raison sociale BIORIUS
Adresse Saint-Malo (FR) - Toulouse (FR) - Manage (BE) Established in 2008, the group BIORIUS is mainly active in the cosmetic industry and is reputed for its fine scientific and regulatory affairs services. BIORIUS is a multicultural, young and dynamic company that employs more than 50 industry specialists spread across the group's 3 operating sites: Manage (Belgium), Saint-Malo (France) and Toulouse (France). Operating on a global scale, BIORIUS works with hundreds of cosmetic companies, including many larger corporations and iconic brands. As a consequence of its quest for excellence, BIORIUS grows fast and always needs more gifted toxicologists, regulatory experts, projects manager & account manager, sales representatives, ecotoxicologists, chemists, IT specialists, … to tackle new and stimulating challenges!
Contact Li Jiang Crine
In the EU, the UK, and other regions, the cosmetic legislation imposes very strict requirements in terms of safety assessment. Safety assessors carry responsibilities that demand a high level of professional conduct and sufficient seniority. BIORIUS is looking for a senior cosmetic products safety assessor.
The selected candidate would be in charge of evaluating clients’ cosmetic products and, based on many sources of information, review the product formulae, prepare Cosmetic Product Safety Reports, draw conclusions on the safety and the regulatory compliance of products, and issue recommendations with regard to claims substantiation and possible reformulations.
Safety assessment and regulatory evaluation are complicated tasks, requiring a special ability to integrate complex scientific findings and legal aspects.
A consultant specialized in that field can summarize them in clear and well-thought conclusions which implies a great sense of analysis, expert judgment, and a real taste for perfectionism. Beyond this important role, BIORIUS’ safety assessors are encouraged to take further responsibilities in other sectors and learn new pieces of regulations, scientific methodologies, and working methods. This specificity makes BIORIUS attractive for bright and enthusiastic minds but requires grit, talent, and adaptability.
ABOUT THE PROFILE
Based in Manage (Belgium), Saint-Malo (France), Toulouse (France) or London (Great Britain), the selected candidate would interact remotely with a team of about 50 people. More specifically, the selected candidate would work in the scientific and regulatory department and report to the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Director.
The selected candidate would be accountable for collecting safety and regulatory data, evaluating them, and processing them according to well-defined scientific methods and procedures, and using sophisticated IT tools.
Beyond the teamwork necessary within the scientific and regulatory department, the selected candidate would build effective relationships with the Account Managers and the commercial department to address clients’ questions and expectations.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
– The successful applicant will hold a master in toxicology, biomedical sciences, pharmacy or any master degrees partly or entirely dedicated to human health (this is a must). All these degrees must be valid in Belgium, France, or in the UK.
– Two to six years of professional experience in the safety assessment of cosmetics, preferably for a reputed cosmetic brand, is a must.
– Skills in regulatory affairs are definitely a plus.
– A collaborative working style, and an ability to build effective working relationships is necessary which includes the ability to convey complex situations in an easily understood manner. The applicant should also have an analytical mind and be very detail-oriented.
– Good communication skills in English is required. Communication skills in French (or in another language) are a plus.
– A personal interest for cosmetic products is not mandatory but can be a plus.
ABOUT THE OFFER
• A competitive salary to be negotiated depending on your experience.
• An attractive extra-legal package in line with the practices of the country
Interested candidates should send their CV and application letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidatures will be examined as they are received.