Offre de CDI
Raison sociale BIORIUS
Adresse Saint-Malo (FR) - Toulouse (FR) - Manage (BE) Established in 2008, the group BIORIUS is mainly active in the cosmetic industry and is reputed for its fine scientific and regulatory affairs services. BIORIUS is a multicultural, young and dynamic company that employs more than 50 industry specialists spread across the group's 3 operating sites: Manage (Belgium), Saint-Malo (France) and Toulouse (France). Operating on a global scale, BIORIUS works with hundreds of cosmetic companies, including many larger corporations and iconic brands. As a consequence of its quest for excellence, BIORIUS grows fast and always needs more gifted toxicologists, regulatory experts, projects manager & account manager, sales representatives, ecotoxicologists, chemists, IT specialists, … to tackle new and stimulating challenges!
Contact Li Jiang Crine
Safety is key and the Principal Toxicologist carries responsibilities that demand a high level of professional conduct. The Principal Toxicologist supervises the scientific developments of the company and, amongst other tasks, signs the most challenging Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSR Part B), work on toxicology-related issues, and evaluates the safety of ingredients according to robust and modern scientific methodologies. This highly skilled profile has the authority on every safety question and coaches the team of Safety Assessors in partnership with his direct boss, the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Director.
Safety assessment is a complicated thing that requires a special ability to integrate a lot of complex scientific findings and summarize them in clear and well-thought conclusions. Beyond scientific excellence, doing this with talent requires a great sense of analysis, expert judgment and, a real taste for perfectionism. Not only the Principal Toxicologist is skilled but he/she also has the ability to manage a team and effectively transfer knowledge. Furthermore, he/she has strong visibility outside the company and, therefore, has good communication skills. The position requires to travel from time to time to visit clients or to give lectures.
Grit is valued at BIORIUS and the Principal Toxicologist is encouraged to take further responsibilities and develop his/her own projects (structure-activity modeling, prospective analysis, consolidation of the internal toxicology database, etc.). These activities require talent, curiosity, dedication, and a special ability to learn quickly. This freedom makes the company attractive for bright and enthusiastic minds.
BIORIUS is a company and not a univeristy department: the Principal Toxicologist also has to be pragmatic and keep the clients and their satisfaction as the main target. Conference calls with the clients to explain issues in a non-conflicting way are sometimes necessary. Finding workarounds and solutions to challenging issues is part of the key responsibilities of the Principal Toxicologist.
ABOUT THE PROFILE
– The successful candidate will be accountable for managing everything related to safety and ensuring that the safety assessors work according to the best practices.
– Beyond the teamwork necessary within the Scientific department, the successful candidate will build effective relationships with the Regulatory, Account Management and Sales departments to address clients’ questions and expectations.
– The successful candidate is solution-oriented and represents the perfect blend between a rigorous scientist and a consultant.
– The successful candidate is a talented speaker, able to report scientific findings in front of a large audiences.
– A good understanding of regulatory affairs (in the field of cosmetic regulation) is a plus and you are willing to learn.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
– The successful applicant will hold a Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacy, biomedical science, biochemistry, or histology. Related specializations giving access to the profession of toxicologist may also be accepted (e.g. Ph.D. in ecotoxicology, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry).
– 5-10 years of experience in the practice of regulatory toxicology, preferably in the cosmetic industry, is a must.
– The successful applicant has an excellent command (written and spoken) of English. Skills in another language are regarded as a precious asset.
– The successful applicant will work and learn fast, have a good sense of priorities and organization, be flexible to react promptly in all situations.
ABOUT THE OFFER
A competitive salary to be negotiated depending on your experience.
An attractive extra-legal package in line with the practices of the country
Interested candidates should send their CV and application letter by email to email@example.com. Candidatures will be examined as they are received.